Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Honest Beginnings

I was hoping that with this blog, I could share with people my beliefs, and opinions about God. So many people have opinions about God, that He doesn't exist, or that we are our own gods. Whatever people believe, my God told me to tell the world of His Good News, which is of His love for humanity and what it ultimately cost Him.

Before I can do that however, I need to be honest; I am not perfect, nor will I ever will be in this lifetime. I have been saved by grace but that doesn't mean I'm not exempt from temptation and sin. The difference, for me, is that I have been saved by God's grace; He has forgiven me, my past, my present and my future.

Actually, I've been struggling recently. Yeah, even Christians struggle. I haven't been praying as much because of some health issues I've had recently, and some emotional scars that I need healing for. Why not? Because, like everyone, I want to escape. I want to hide underneath the blankets and not let anyone in. I suppose in a way, that's the annoying thing about being a Christian; Jesus is still there, waiting for me to come out under the blankets to comfort, encourage and when necessary, reprimand.
It sucks to feel like that, like there is no control. Technically, that's what I've got Jesus for, but there are days where I feel so far away from Him - and that's because I've distanced myself from Him. But (there is always a but) I find myself crying out, and I find that God listens. And for that, I believe all the praises in the world should go to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment